Device Manager won't delete device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Azurez

So i'm trying to fix a device but device manager not going to uninstall the driver that I had to uninstall. And uninstalling that driver is the way to fix the device. Any knowledge of it not working ?

Azurez

Have you heard of Hamachi ? It this network program that i intend to use but because there are some errors happening, the fixes (found online) mention to uninstall the Hamachi driver and install it again. Thus again, I can't uninstall as its still there after clicking the uninstall button.

Azurez

The solution says it has to uninstall from device manager, I tried add and remove program, it uninstalled it but it didn't fix my problem.

Azurez

Does that install like device manager cause I don't want to uninstall the whole thing just the driver.

SUEOHIO

SUE
Its a program you download and install. It has nothing to do with the device manager.To remove it you go to the add/remove programs.

Azurez

I meant, does it unistall the whole program (that I'm trying to install) or just the device it added itself to device manager?

SUEOHIO

SUE
Hopefully it will uninstall the whole program. It doesnt always remove everything but its better than nothing.As far as i know you cant delete anything in the device manager. All you can do is disable or uninstall.When you uninstall at rebooting it sometimes comes back and you get the found new hardware wizard.The last thing you can do is download and install this annoying program then go to the add/remove to get rid of it properly for good.If a program isnt working right in the add/remove hit change instead of remove and it will ask you if you want to repair, remove, or modify.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online