Device not found :S *USB*

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Figgy

Hi there!

I just got a brand new mp3-player but somehow I managed to completly fu*k it all up :)
*A state of mine

Well, I´ve fixed it up and re-installed the drivers and WindowsXP keeps telling me that the device is ok and drivers are correct, but I can't see the player from anywhere, not even from the program included on a disc.

Why is this? What should I do? Really want this to work so please help me out! :)

It would help if you told us what kind of mp3 player it was, what you did to f it up and to fix it.

Figgy

Mp3Player: iMX -430 InnoAX :-: Link

I did what your not supposed to do :( I disconnected the player before turning it of from devices (right, bottom corner right next to the clock). The manual says that you may not do that but stupid as I'm, I did.

I´ve tryed to find the mp3-player main software but can't find it.

Also: The mp3-player wont start, It shows a loading picture and wont continue. The strange thing is that Windows device manager finds it but nothing else sees it.

The mp3 player uses a flash media storage. When you disconnect it from a device before powering it down, it usually results in the deletion of all the media/files in the flash memory. In some cases, it might ruin the flash card. This might be your problem because I don't think there's anything wrong with the firmware, or at least I don't see how doing what you did would corrupt the firmware. Try inserting a different flash card and see what happens.

Figgy

different "flash card"?

Not sure of what your sayin'? A new "flash card"? Where do I get a "flash card"?

I'm not a pro as you see :)
Well, Is there anyhow I can fix this quick and simple? Lika "flash program" or somthin'?

According to the link you gave me, it lists variable flash memory sizes it can support
(128 /256 / 512MB / 1GB), meaning that you should be able to change the flash memory card. I suggest that you consult the manual on how and where to remove the flash memory card. The following image contains several flash memory cards, one which may look like yours.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0303/sandiskusbreader.jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online