Device Setup "Installing device" taking too long. Now what?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JasonDavidK

My Windows 8.1 is trying to run Device Set Up Manager User Task Handler. It's been over a couple of hours. The progress bar is not moving. The issue started while updating/installing my windows update software. I haven't received any error messages. The computer model is Inspiron 5537.

Could I perhaps restart my computer even though the Device Setup is still running? photo.png photo2.png

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Absolutely restart, that's always one of the first troubleshooting steps to take.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts