Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vortex4932

I am having this issue with the Realtek(R) Audio driver and it's connected to my microphone.
Any settings I make in the control panel or general Windows10 settings won't take any effect on my microphone levels or boost. basically, nothing will affect it.
At one point I managed to remedy this issue about a month ago after installing a third-party NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver then completely uninstalling it. Upon restart, the problem no longer occurred until yesterday. It broke again the moment I had to restart my computer due to a game client repeatedly crashing, I do not know if this was partly to blame for causing the problem.

I found this error however under:
Device manager / Audio Inputs & Outputs / External Microphone (Realtek(R) Audio) Properties / Events.
Here is the error in more detail:

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{e7b9575f-275a-4147-8c74-e3fbdac2a65e} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{19bc5ce5-4405-434d-aaef-3c520d3e582e}
Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
Present: false

I am uncertain as to if this is what's causing my problem. Please help.
Note: This problem isn't just with the one microphone, it's across everything including my webcam's inbuilt microphone and the computer's inbuilt microphone. I know the hardware is fully functioning as the computer recognizes the devices and can hear my voice just fine but I only output at about a 3% volume threshold so I'm quiet for others. I can't change any settings because they won't affect any of my microphones.

TerryNet

Terry
At one point I managed to remedy this issue about a month ago after installing a third-party NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver then completely uninstalling it.
I will be of little or no help on this, but have one question and one half-baked suggestion.

Why did you uninstall that driver?

Suggest that you try the same procedure again. And then take careful note of what driver (manufacturer and version and date) is installed. If the problem reoccurs see if maybe the driver got changed behind your back.

Vortex4932

Why did you uninstall that driver?
It was so long ago that I can't recall why sorry. What I can say though is that this problem still occurs to this day with no reliable fix. I have a sense that my sound card may be corrupted too but that's just a hunch.

Suggest that you try the same procedure again. And then take careful note of what driver (manufacturer and version and date) is installed. If the problem reoccurs see if maybe the driver got changed behind your back.
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll act on this accordingly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online