1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Devices cannot connect to my wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by johnnyneedshelp, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnnyneedshelp

johnnyneedshelp Thread Starter

My wifi has been acting up and most of the time the wifi shows that I'm connected to my laptop but the weird part is I am unable to connect to my playstation or my phone. Help! My service provider was unable to help and I'm panicking right now because I don't want this to be a permanent issue!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

You're not giving much to work with. For starters , please let us know all of the following ...

1) Brand and model number of your wireless access point.

2) If your wireless access point is part of a modem/router supplied by your service provider, the name of the provider.

3) What type of WiFi encryption method, if any, you are using on your wireless access point?

4) Is SSID broadcasting enabled on your wireless access point?

5) Does your wireless access point show up in your Playstation's and phone's list of available wireless access points?

6) If the answer to item #5 is "Yes", exactly what happens when you try to connect to your wireless access point?

3. johnnyneedshelp

1) My brand is Netgear and my model has two numbers which are AC1900 C6300BD

2) My service provider is Cox

3) Im unable to find that

4) Yes

Yes whenever I try and connect to the phones or Playstation it doesn't connect. im unable to. for the phones it never connects and for my Playstation it says that I timed out of the limt. let me add it DOES show my wifi on the phones and Playstation but I can't never connect when i type in my wifi password

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Look for a label on the modem, similar to the one below. In case you have neighbors that also may be operating WiFi access points of their own, you need to make sure that all of your devices are connecting to one of the WiFi network SSIDs shown on your label. You also need to make sure the WiFi password is set correctly in each device.

[​IMG]

If everything seems to be correct, you may need to log into the modem and check the sub-net mask and DHCP settings to make sure the modem router section of the modem supports multiple connections.

Attached Files:

5. johnnyneedshelp

Do you mean singing into the routher from youre computer using the admin and password login when you tell me to login? Yes I did that before and I changed the NAT Type and ever since then Im unable to connect to what Im telling you. And Im unable to login because it says it timed out

6. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Exactly what changes did you make to the NAT settings, and what other changes have you made to any other settings from their default values on the modem/router?

7. johnnyneedshelp

I changed it to Open when the type was originally 2 for my game system but now i regret it :( I didnt make any other changes just the nat type

8. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Not sure what the best next step would be. I am not at all familiar with the Netgear AC1900 C6300BD product.

I found a an article on the Netgear web site that mentions setting NAT to Open on their routers:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/d...net-games-and-applications-on-netgear-routers

I also found what is supposed to be the user manual for your router on the Cox web site, but could not find any information in it on changing the NAT type to open:

https://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox...net/print_media/Netgear_C6300BD_UserGuide.pdf

One possible solution I can think of would be to reset the Netgear modem router to factory defaults using either the web interface or the reset button on the rear panel and then trying some alternate method for enabling the PlayStation connections.

9. johnnyneedshelp

Please help me!!! this happens everytime I go to the router!
    upload_2016-10-12_17-4-52.png

Attached Files:

10. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Are you sure that 192.168.1.1 is the correct IP address for your router? The Cox manual in my earlier link shows the default address as 192.168.0.1.

If you are sure about the address, try turning off the PlayStation, turning off your phone (or at least turning off the phone's WiFi), powering down the router for a couple of minutes, power up the router, then wait a minute and try to log in again

11. johnnyneedshelp

The problem has been resolved I had to contact a technician but thank you for trying to help

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice