Devices or Applications Disabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rams Fan

I am running Windows XP and recently tried to install my Adaptec CD creator software version 4. It did not load stating the drivers could make windows unstable. I removed it via add/remove software but now I get an annoying message when I sign on.

Devices or applications disabled.

"CD recording software" will cause windows to become unstable, windows has prevented these drivers from loading.

How do I get rid of this annoying bubble that pops up at sign in.

Thanks,
Rams Fan

You probably still have some old settings in your registry. Alot of times when you uninstall programs all the registry settings are not removed.
Go to this link to download it;
http://regvac.com/fregvac.htm
Scroll down and download it for your windows version.
There are 2 modes, but it explains that, you might need to go into advanced mode to get rid of that message, there are undo lists so if it jacks up your computer then you can fix the problem, as long as you computer starts up! I haven't had any problems with this program and I've vaccumed lots of files.
Hope this helps.
derrek

One of the updates for XP supports cd copy programs. Click on Tools, Windows Update and get it from there.

Checking on the Roxio homepage they don't have a patch/update for ECDC 4 to work with XP.
But they do have a patch for ECDC 5 retail/platinum for XP functionality. So you can buy creator 5, of "find it" online
Derrek

Rams Fan

Ron K,

I tried to get to the Windows update site and when the page loads I get an error message.

ACCESS DENIED

"Network policy settings prevent you from using windows update to download updates and install on your computer."

If you believe you have received this message in error, please check with your system adminstrator.

Why do i get this message, I am the adminstrator on a home computer. could it be by Norton Firewall or Anti virus ???

Rams Fan

derreckday.

I downloaded the Reg Vac and have tried it, but no success yet. I will continue to play with it and see what I can come up with. In regards to Roxio website, I am aware of the ver 5 but I don't want to pay $100 at this time to clear an annoying message. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Rams Fan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online