DFI Lanparty IDE hangup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamsum

I built a system using a DFI Lanparty board using IDE raid 0, which the board was made for (not ATA), with W2k, SP4. I used 2 160g drives to do this, used good components, lots of memory, etc. It worked fine for quite awhile, until I added an MT 4 sound card for the purpose of in house music recording and editing (I'm also a part time musician). Almost immediately, it started to hang, so I decided to uninstall the card and software. Did that, then when I rebooted the system, at the last stage of the boot process, just when you think everythng is cool, I get a blue screen registry error message. I am no programmer, but I do know a lot of basic recovery methods, and none of them worked. My main question is this- is there bootable software available on CD that I can use to address this registry error issue, or is there another approach? Keep in mind that I can get to a command prompt screen that allows me to see that all the files are still there with a directory command, yet cannot boot in safe mode or any other F8 option, even when I use the W2k CD. I still get the blue screen error message which passes very quickly, something like ...security.ini..., and then the system reboots repeatedly, ad infinitum, like it is in a loop, to the same results every time, until I shut off the power. If you have any input, please let me know at '[email protected]'

jamsum

jamsum said:
I built a system using a DFI Lanparty board using IDE raid 0, which the board was made for (not ATA), with W2k, SP4. I used 2 160g drives to do this, used good components, lots of memory, etc. It worked fine for quite awhile, until I added an MT 4 sound card for the purpose of in house music recording and editing (I'm also a part time musician). Almost immediately, it started to hang, so I decided to uninstall the card and software. Did that, then when I rebooted the system, at the last stage of the boot process, just when you think everythng is cool, I get a blue screen registry error message. I am no programmer, but I do know a lot of basic recovery methods, and none of them worked. My main question is this- is there bootable software available on CD that I can use to address this registry error issue, or is there another approach? Keep in mind that I can get to a command prompt screen that allows me to see that all the files are still there with a directory command, yet cannot boot in safe mode or any other F8 option, even when I use the W2k CD. I still get the blue screen error message which passes very quickly, something like ...security.ini..., and then the system reboots repeatedly, ad infinitum, like it is in a loop, to the same results every time, until I shut off the power. If you have any input, please let me know at '[email protected]'...
I did receive some helpful replies to this initial post.This is a computer that I cannot connect to the net, because it won't boot past the blue screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online