1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DHCP Leasing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jcarswell, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jcarswell

jcarswell Thread Starter

Okay so I am hosting my dhcp on a windows server 2008 box, recently I moved my address pool from 10.1.0.0/24 to 10.1.0.0/20 as I had run out of ip address. Ever since moving pools all android devices are unable to get an ip address or produce the error message "avoided poor internet connection". If I give the android device a manually assigned address 90% of the time it will connect no issues other times it will just sit there even after a reboot. I know its nit my AP's as I have tried it using a meraki radio with an enterprise licence and still no avail.

my current network hardware info is as follows
    router : Netgear UTM25
    Switches: Netgear, Dell
    AP's: Netgear
    cat: 5e/6 gigabyte throughout
    servers DNS: 2k3, 2008
    Servers DC: 2008

Any ideas, suggestions, or solutions would be much appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!