DHCP question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Naruto2004

I have a router doing DHCP the router ip is 192.168.1.1 I want to setup my server with static ip adress then setup my server to do DHCP scope from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.120 for some devices that need static ip adress can this be done ?

Couriant

James
EDIT - misread the question.

I'm sure you can, you should be able to assign the IP addresses to thier MAC address.

Couriant

James
as long as its IP address is on 192.168.1 network with the same subnet mask, which i assume is 255.255.255.00 (default class C)

When you set up the server with the static IP, make sure you input the correct DNS information in there. Otherwise the server will not be able to access the Internet.

Couriant

James
opps... yes the DNS needs to be added too

and the gatway should be the router's ip address

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online