1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DHCP Server Service -Error 1075 - not starting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lordra, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lordra

lordra Thread Starter

Hey all!
    I am really desperate. I've tried a few things that other people have posted here, especially Cookiegal and Lumpola but this issue persists.

I had a virus. I think I got rid of it. Avast scans and boot time scans and Super Anti Spyware and TDSS killer report all clear. However, the network shield of Avast and the Internet don't work.
    Points to note:
    1. In services, the DHCP and DNS cannot be started. I get the error 1075: service has been marked for deletion or one of it's dependancies are missing. (close to that)

I've checked the dependancies of both, and reinstated the ADF module in device manager after selecting the 'View Hidden' option.

2. lordra

lordra Thread Starter

2. I've tried deleting the winsock and winsock2 entries in the registry.
    3. From the command prompt, SFC/scan now terminates at 82%. thrice.
    4. I can see the network, both wired and wireless, I can connect, but it says I have limited connectivity.

3. lordra

lordra Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Same for the DNS Client as well.

4. lordra

lordra Thread Starter

Please help!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1021368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice