1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DI-624 Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by divt154, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. divt154

divt154 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have Verizon FiOS and they give you a router included: the D-link DI-624. You connect a cable from the WAN port from the back of the router to a wall socket they install.

Recently, it hasn't been able to get a DHCP client connection. Now, it displays this:

[​IMG]

How do I get the DHCP client to connect?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What's on the other end of the "wall socket"?

It's good that you get different IPs on wireless and ethernet--else you'd get a duplicate IP failure.

3. divt154

divt154 Thread Starter

There's nothing on the other end, at least that I know of. You just plug in the ethernet cable into the socket.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    "There's nothing on the other end, ..."

Yeah, funny. I don't remember seeing the stuff about Verizon FiOS before; is that what you edited or did my eyes/brain initially fail me?

I would assume there is some sort of modem that you probably have to power cycle when switching devices (e.g., computer to router or a different computer).

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    And speaking of editing I guess I just imagined that you initially described being able to get internet access with a computer directly connected to the wall socket and getting different IPs when connecting the computer to the router. :(

6. divt154

divt154 Thread Starter

I finally figured out what was wrong; that's why I edited my post.

And I don't know if there is anything on the other end.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you are not getting an IP address out of the Verizon ONT box, time to call for service. Have you looked at the status lights on the ONT? What do they indicate? Have you tried a connection of a computer directly to the Ethernet from the Verizon ONT bypassing the router?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice