diable access to services - admin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lex.Luthor

Is there a way that I can hide or disable the access to the services.msc in windows 7?

the account is under admin and is the only account on the computer.

The reason for this is the shared computer that I someone keeps turning off my remote access for teamviewer, bluetooth and other important services.

This computer is a desktop, windows 7 Pro.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you for your time and concern.

If the computer is logged in under an admin account then I would say you have given them the keys to the kingdom. Is there any compelling reason why this computer needs to be logged in as admin and why anyone but an admin would need access to it?

Lex.Luthor

I cannot think of any reason but the computer admin, which is myself, should be able to access the services account.

As an admin you do not even need admin privileges on your workstation. If the computer is logged in as admin or a user with admin privileges there isn't a lot you can do. The generic, non admin out of the box user may be able to access services.msc, but they cannot change anything.

Lex.Luthor

Then my strategy is to create a user profile non admin account for the computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online