Diablo II and AOE II don't work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

josephmerrick

I have a new Toshiba Satellite A210 laptop with Vista and a number of games don't work on it. But it annoys me the most that Age of Empires II and Diablo II don't work. I'm pretty sure the problems with the games are connected to my video card: ATI Mobility Radeon 2400.
When I start AOE there only comes a message "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw."
When I start Diablo the videos in the beginning work fine but when the main screen is supposed to appear the screen is black. I've tried to switch the compatibility to XP SP2 but it doesn't change a thing.
I also can't find my computer here: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=cccjaddmflillefcgfkceghdgngdgmm.0

Any advice? I can post detailed specs if you want.

Couriant

James
See if running the game in Compatibility Mode will work.

josephmerrick

I've tried all compatibility modes, and no, I haven't tried to update the video card drivers. I can't find the right drivers for my computer (see link above), the A210Q.

just your video card driver, you have a ATI mobility radeon 2400 right, so you can go to ATI site to download the lastest driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online