1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Diablo II Expansion Won't Install

Discussion in 'Games' started by nvidia290, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nvidia290

nvidia290 Banned Thread Starter

Hey i installed diablo II to my pc and was about to install my expansion disk but when it says "please insert expansion disk" it goes to 3 status bars and then it can't read it anymore and just sits there and finally says "please insert expansion disk" i do have a poor quality cd drive but this is the first time anything like this happend does anoyone think it is that? or maybe something else is wrong?

2. McTimson

McTimson

I had a similar problem - turns out the CD had a tiny scratch in it. Check and make sure there aren't any scratches or weird deformities on the CD....if there are, Blizzard will replace it for $10...or, if there aren't, maybe it is the CD drive. Maybe one of those CD lens cleaners will help, you can probably get them at Circuit City or Best Buy, probably anyplace that sells CD's.

3. nvidia290

thanks man, yeah there are no scratches unless there realllllly small and i cant see them ill take a look at the lens cleaner ty

4. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

there was another way i remeber for diablo II expansion to install, it was like u just put the d2xmpq and d2xsound.mpq d2xvid.mpq d2xchar.mpq and a few more mpq files into your d2 directory and u were able to play d2 expansion without reallly installing it because all the expansion does is add the new mpq's to your original directory. It jus makes it look faster and fancier..

5. nvidia290

hmm ill look into that what i am thinking about doing is taking a friends cd drive or a friends diablo disc and the one that doesnt work is my faulty thanks

6. Gssinger

Gssinger

I had a problem similar just a few minutes ago, i just took Diablo II off my computer, and reinstalled it.. yes it takes a while, but it worked :D

7. k_szews

k_szews

I had the same problem but if you keep pressing ok for like 10 minutes straight most of the time it works. I have tried a known good d2lod cd and it did the same thing, no damage to either of the cd's. Using a cdrom cleaner works sometimes.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/287795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice