Diagnose Snow White Virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bamatech

I'VE BEEN HEARING ALOT ABOUT THE SNOW WHITE VIRUS AT WORK. IT WAS FOUND ON SEVERAL OF OUR COMPUTERS AT WORK. HOW CAN I TELL IF MY HOME COMPUTER HAS IT ALSO?
I HAVE NORTON ANTI-VIRUS ON MY HOME COMPUTER BUT IT HASN'T DETECTED ANYTHING SO FAR.

Max19

Account Disabled
Update your Norton AntiVirus, and then run a full system scan. If nothing shows up, then you're fine. Make sure it's always running in the background so you'll be protected from malicious e-mails and downloads.

bamatech

I'VE RUN NORTON BUT FOUND NOTHING. MAYBE I'M BARKING UP THE WRONG VIRUS TREE. I'VE FOUND "SULFNBK.EXE" IN MY COMMAND FILES. WHAT COULD IT BE?

bamatech

I'VE JUST DONE SOME READING ABOUT "VIRUS HOAXES". I GUESS THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER AFTER ALL. MAYBE I'LL LOOK SOME MORE LATER. THANK YA'LL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP.

If you get this email...

Subject: Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!

Don't open it.
My ZoneAlarm rename the attachments to keep them from opening on there own. But I have Netscape so I would have to click the attach files to open them. But Outlook can open these attachments on it own I think.
You can turn that off somehow so someone else will have to tell you how.
I would disable Windows Scripting Host too.

http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/win.script.hosting.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online