1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Diagnosing a problem probably on the motherboard -no picture

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fibola, Nov 17, 2019.

1. fibola

fibola Thread Starter

hi,

I have a (second) computer with a gigabyte ga-p55m-ud2 motherboard.

The computer is used for the Internet and Office and there are no complaints.

A few days ago I started having a problem with the power on, and I can't hear the beep from the motherboard after which the picture comes up and the situation stays the same and the screen doesn't turn on.

At first I thought it was a video card problem, I swapped a card with replacement, moved it to the second video card slot with no success.

I tried a friend's advice to unplug and reconnect the battery on the motherboard and it didn't help either, and finally while playing, what solved the problem was disconnecting the power supply cable that connects to the motherboard (written next to it ATX and PCB)

The thing is, the problem is very often repeated, if I'm not mistaken, even if the computer is not in use and goes into sleep it doesn't wake up and restart doesn't solve the problem without disconnecting and reconnecting this cable.

Does the problem on the motherboard and is it actually dying? Because if it is a motherboard problem, it is not something that can be repaired / financially worth repaired / or within the warranty.

Maybe somehow it's a lot simpler (hope) and it ends up replacing the battery or something simple....

Thanks

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

so what is the picture that comes up

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice