1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dial-up conn.box

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jmcerny, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jmcerny

jmcerny Thread Starter

I've got 3 computers connected to a home network with a 56k dial up modem on my wireless gateway. I can access the web from any of the computers. but on two of them , while I'm connected to the internet, when I click on " mail" the dial up box opens ,and I can't send or recieve e-mail even though I'm connected through the network. Only one computer allows me to send and recieve mail while I'm connected without opening the dail up box . I'm running Microsoft Internet Explorer and Outlook Express . I've compared pref. settings with the computer that my mail works with against the others and can't seem to get the dial up box to not open . I would like to send and recieve mail from all of the computers,but can only do so from the one.

2. plejon

plejon

Go to outlook express => Tools => Account => Mail and open the properties for the mail account you are using.

In the connection tab, you should be able to select which connection OE uses to get your mail.

Good luck !

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

go to outlook express on the non functioning ones ... go to tools / options/ connections & click on ask before hanging up.

if that doesn't fix it let me know

4. jmcerny

jmcerny Thread Starter

Savvylady, I tried what you said ,and still nothing.I've also tried changing settings in the "internet options" box then the conn. tab and still nothing.

5. khaje

khaje

Doubt this is it but my network is funny that if I don't have the option Dial Whenever a network connection is not present selected from Tools: Internet Optiosn: Connections Tab on the computers that are getting the connection from the network.

It won't reconize it. Like I said doubt that is it but worth a try.

Khaje

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice