1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dial Up Connection Box

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by CHUNKYLAD, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHUNKYLAD

CHUNKYLAD Thread Starter

this has happened out the blue?
    before when i started up my pc the dial up connection box use to come up on start up and connect automaticlly but now it will not show until i press the internet explorer key i have it set up to connect automaticlly but it will not start until i press the above and it takes longer to show my home page(msn.co.uk)than before is ther a way so when you start your pc it connect automaticlly and your home page comes up straight away without pressing no buttons?
    thanx

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I dont know what your OS is and I am not sure that is a standard option. Usually that is a result of another program. You could try going through the programs that were listed at the time at the bottom right of your screen and see if there is an option connecting.

3. casper03

casper03

Here is a soution for you:

this will get ie to do things the way you like:

find the windows startup folder then shrink the window so you
    can see your desktop then copy IE icon into startup folder.
    And make sure it set to connect automatically, then
    whenever you start you pc it should run ie and connect right
    away.......

Hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice