1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Dial-Up connection" window keep appearing on page

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ron40, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ron
    I have a Dell xps laptop with Win7 home premium. I have a wireless network connection through my netgear, as it shows when open the "network & sharing center." As the screenshot shows, there is an annoying "dial up connection" window that randomly appears while I'm using the pc. I can't access the inter net while this is there so I have to close it. Sometimes there are 6 or 7 windows on top of each other. How do I stop this?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Lance1

Lance1

In IE check the Internet Options under Connections. Is the Dial-Up set to Never Dial a connection? If not set it to that.

3. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ron
    I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you I use Firefox. I searched for a similar choice in FF & found the following under tools/options/advanced/settings. Are they similar?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Control Panel is the other way to get to Internet Options. Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections tab - Never dial a connection.

5. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ron
    I just set it as you suggested. It was not set to "no dial up," I changed it to that. I also noticed a "broadband connection" in the "dial-up & VPN settings box in FF. I deleted it. I guess it was constantly trying dial it up.I also set the FF proxy settings to "no proxy." I think the setting in CP will be the definitive one. I think this should work. If not, I'll be back. Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!