Dial up details keep changing. PLEASE HELP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sam A

Dear Forum,

Recently every time I try yo log on my dial-up details have been changed. I have to re-set them manually each time I log on,but the correct details are never saved. I have contacted my ISP and set up a new connection but this also gets changed. Is this a virus, if so AVG does not pick it up, or a problem with XP.

Please advise, Sam.

What -exactly- gets changed?

The number (which indicates a dialler trojan may be present) or the password (which always shows a non-indicative number of dots for security, which is normal) or?

Sam A

Both, the pass word remains as dots but there are more of them, and the user name keeps the first couple of letters then changes.

Hope this makes more sense to you than me.

blues_harp28

Hi.You may be infected...Run a Hijack this log..let log experts take a look..link below..
D/load install in C: \ program file..let it scan and save logfile..it will open in notepad..
Click edit>select all>edit>copy>back to your thread>paste on your thread..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online