1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dial-up downloads interupted

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Richard Baldwin, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Richard Baldwin

Richard Baldwin Thread Starter

I have used "Get Right" and "DAP" both of which "infected" my system making it unreliable. Both had to be purged. Is there a download and resume program which does just that and does not invade the system with commercial advertising? One which will reliably handle Microsoft downloads? My ISP connection is so unreliable (deteriorating phone lines?) that downloads taking more than a few minutes are virtually impossible.
    Thank you!

2. polak

polak

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

4. Richard Baldwin

Richard Baldwin Thread Starter

Thank you for your very kind and valuable reply. I hardly was capable of believing the License terms! I have downloaded it and will pass it on. I have one problem remaining...how does one invoke a "restore" downloader to Microsoft downloads? They take forever and invariably disconnect after 30-40 minutes. Very frustating! Perhaps Leechget has the solution!
    Richard Baldwin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice