1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dial-up network problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by docrea, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. docrea

docrea Thread Starter

First Name:
    Larry
    I just had to reinstall Windows 2000 pro and when I tried to log onto the inet my dial up wouldn't work. I went to dial up netoworking and it had been removed so I added a new connection. Everything worked great until I tried to name it my ISP name and it gave me an error message about it had to contain a character and could not begin with a period. Tried several different combos to get it to take it but would not let me complete. Anybody every had this problem and how did you solve it. Thanks

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

it doesnt really matter what you put in there, it doesnt necessarily have to be the exact name of your ISP. You can name it whatever as long as your phone number, username, and password are correct the connection should work.

3. docrea

docrea Thread Starter

First Name:
    Larry
    All info in the set up is correct, but MS will not let me put the name for the dial up to finish the last step. All else worked fine. It will not complete the setup.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice