Dial-Up Networking Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

petgrave

I am running 2000 SP4. It was done from a clean install and working for over 2 months but recently my dial up networking stopped functioning. When I try to create a new connection I get an error "Connection to (dial-up tel #) is not a valid name. The entry must contain at least one character that is not a space and does not begin with a period."
All attempts to repair or reinstall the operating system have failed to fix the problem. The related Microsoft articles have not been very useful either as they assume an upgrade was done. Q319162 & Q318183
Can someone help me with a fix for this problem.

Try turning off your computer, removing the modem, booting up, shutting down, re-inserting the modem, booting up. That may work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online