1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dial-up recieving data problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mikeeeee, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeeeee

mikeeeee Thread Starter

Hi,

Operating System: Windows ME
    Modem: SoftV92 Speakerphone Modem with SoftSP

I was recently helping a friend fix some things on his pc and all was going fine, we then tried to install his Motorola phone onto the pc so he could transfer files etc, this software installed a modem onto the machine. We then rebooted and came back to find that Kerio Firewall v2.1 reported that it could not open a socket (I cant remember the full message sorry), also when we dialed into his tiscalli internet using the normal modem it would connect fine but when we load internet explorer or firefox it says unable to find server, problem loading page even though the status connection within the system tray says it is receiving data.

Any help would be appreciated
    thx
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!