1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dial up shows disconnected

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mexicano, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexicano

mexicano Thread Starter

I tried to install a scanner and during the process it showed something about aol I put my email name and password for aol in a box.I thought it was stuck on this so I removed the cd for the install and restored to a different day. I did it again and found out that it was taking me to a regristation page and it installed fine it showed if there was a red x over the icon by the clock it did not install properly the problem is there is a red x over the network connections saying cable disconnected for lan when I pull up network connections it shows dialup america on line dsiconnected and the number of my modem and in the lan part it shows cable disconnected.I then restored to a different day again you can see I don't know what I am doing thinking it would remove that but it still was there . I get online fine but I don't know what I did to have this say disconnected. Aol was no hope they had me reset web browsers it did nothing. I got the lan to show disabled, should I have? and I cant get the dialup to not show disconnected.I must be doing something wrong installing the scanner and I really need help asap.Only have one computer and do not want anything to go wrong with this one , I had a lot of trouble with the old one. It is windows xp. How do I get it back to what it use to say?Please help! The scanner I am tryng to install is called visioneer 8700. I think I installed it properly the second time except for possibly doing something with the network thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119238

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice