Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dial up shows disconnected

598 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mexicano 
#1 ·
I tried to install a scanner and during the process it showed something about aol I put my email name and password for aol in a box.I thought it was stuck on this so I removed the cd for the install and restored to a different day. I did it again and found out that it was taking me to a regristation page and it installed fine it showed if there was a red x over the icon by the clock it did not install properly the problem is there is a red x over the network connections saying cable disconnected for lan when I pull up network connections it shows dialup america on line dsiconnected and the number of my modem and in the lan part it shows cable disconnected.I then restored to a different day again you can see I don't know what I am doing thinking it would remove that but it still was there . I get online fine but I don't know what I did to have this say disconnected. Aol was no hope they had me reset web browsers it did nothing. I got the lan to show disabled, should I have? and I cant get the dialup to not show disconnected.I must be doing something wrong installing the scanner and I really need help asap.Only have one computer and do not want anything to go wrong with this one , I had a lot of trouble with the old one. It is windows xp. How do I get it back to what it use to say?Please help! The scanner I am tryng to install is called visioneer 8700. I think I installed it properly the second time except for possibly doing something with the network thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.