dial-up web accelerator freeware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jtaube

i have dial-up ISP & I am lookind to download a free-ware software that will speed up my web surfing and downloading DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ?????

[tsg=welcome] Welcome to TSG! [/tsg]

If you want faster surfing and downloads, get broadband.

Web accelerator software can make surfing seem a bit faster. It does this by caching web pages and compressing graphics. There's actually very little real speed difference, and the compressed graphics look terrible Accelerator software will do absolutely nothing to speed up downloads.

Some download managers may help a little, by opening more than one connection. With dial-up, however, you'll not likely see any speed increase.

All in all, web accelerators are completely worthless, and download managers, although useful, don't really speed up downloads.

Datalyss

Banned
Agreed.

I used a web accelerater back in my dialup days. It did absolutely nothing for my browsing speed, and every site I went to had awful looking graphics.

Also, if you wanna speed up downloads, a web accelerator isn't designed for that. Download accelerators won't even give you much (if any) of an increace in download speed.

Get broadband. It will do wonders for your computing experience. Just be sure you're protected. :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The web acceleration on dial-up requires the ISP to do the compression on their end, you can't do it just with an add-on on your end.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts