dialing in and dialing out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angel

I'm not even sure where to start or how to describe it.

A business has a system that customers can dial into. They are having more customers sign on so are now having a prob with busy signals. From what I understand, they just have one line coming in to one modem. They would like a solution that allows multiple customers to dial in at once. Whether this requires multiple lines (which I would assume) and multiple modems or some type of modem switch thing (???), I don't know.

In addition, many of their computers currently have a line directly to their modems for dialing out (not internet, but dialing into other systems). They would like to get rid of the individual modems and have just one system that everyone could dial out with (should be compatible dos programs).

Does anyone have any recommendations or anywhere I can be redirected to research options (I don't have a prob with researching but at this point I'm not sure what I'm looking for). It would be great if both of their probs could be resolved with the same solution.

I appreciate it much!!!

Thanks!

angel

Anyone have any suggestions of where I can start?

Sounds like you need some business networking advice.

Sorry I can't help you with that, but I'm sure there are some here that can.

when iwas taking my net + class we went over modem banks. you may know what these are but if i remember correctly most businesses that can't afford T1 or T3 connections do this for their VPN. hope i could help a little

jeff

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Angel, do you want to try this in the networking section? Doesn't seem like we gurus here know anything about this....... :(

Let me know and I'll move it.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online