1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dialling

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ainsleygas, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ainsleygas

ainsleygas Thread Starter

I'm just a beginner in PCs but there must be a way to get rid of the dialling noise when I connect,anyone help?

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi ainsleygas,
    Try right clicking My Computer, click on properties, click on + by modems, Right click your modem, select properties, click on modem tab. Should be a volume slider slide it to the left. hit apply and ok. See if that works.

3. sewdeb1

sewdeb1

Only a junior member, but if your running Win98 try going through this...

Start menu, Settings, Control Panel, Modems Icon(should look like a phone sitting on top of small rectangle box) and once your in Modems, click on properties, and then in the middle of that tab will be a Speaker Volume slider. Move to the desired volume.

4. sewdeb1

sewdeb1

You got to it before me, heheh.

5. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi
    I went the long way around

6. ainsleygas

thanks all- I've moved the modem volume to zero but no effect,I'm using win 95,can you suggest anything else?

7. sewdeb1

sewdeb1

Is the modem external or internal?

Also does the sound sound like it is coming from your speakers or from the modem?

8. ainsleygas

Internal-sounds not from speakers

9. ribo

ribo

I have a silent modem. I get no noise at all when dialing. The volume is turned up. The modem is external. I would like to hear it dialing any suggestions please.

10. angel

angel

ainsleygas:

Go to My Computer, Dial-Up Networking, right-click your DUN icon and choose Properties. Choose Configure on the General tab and change volume there.

That should resolve your problem. However, if it doesn't, go back to the same place but choose the Connection tab, Advanced, and put ATM0 (that's a zero, not the letter) in Extra Settings.

11. ainsleygas

Thanks for the reply but when I right click on the DUN icon it offers open and explore but not properties,it is there but blanked out!Any ideas?

12. angel

angel

Make sure you double-clicked on Dial-Up Networking and then right-clicking on the actual DUN connection you use to connect.
    Is that where you are?

13. ribo

ribo

Thank you for trying to help. (1) t he volume was already turned up where you suggested.(2) I entered ATM0 in the extra settings but it had not made any difference.Still silent!.I did however make a mistake. My modem is internal (Silly me). Any further suggestions please.

14. angel

angel

ribo:
    The instructions I gave were for turning OFF the volume. You don't want to add that string.
    Have you checked the properties of your modem as listed for ainsleygas in the first few posts? Make sure the volume there is set correctly also.

15. ainsleygas

Thanks all - problem solved

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice