1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dialog Boxes Are Blank

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nat898, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nat898

Nat898 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am having an issue in which some dialog boxes (specifically boxes that require input: next, close, etc.) are blank. (see attached) I am unsure of when this began, but I think it occurred around the time that I installed Reimage Plus to help with some other issues. I have since uninstalled Reimage Plus and done a complete malware/virus scan using Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.

My research suggests that this may be an issue with regsvr32 jscript.dl file. I have tried to reload this file, but I receive a message that says the file was loaded "but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005." Continued research of this code suggests a possible registry error. I ran a registry cleaner (I know, not the best thing to do), but the problems continues. The problem also occurs in safe mode.

On a related note, my Windows Update continually fails for a particular update. The update that fails is KB2647753 (see attached). The error code is 80070490. After researching this error code, I downloaded the System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft. The hotfix was successfully installed (see attached), yet the problem persists.

I appreciate any help.

Attached Files:

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Visual glitches with controls not displaying properly can usually be attributed to issues with the .Net Framework. You should direct your research in that direction as well.

3. Nat898

Nat898 Thread Starter

Okay, thanks.

4. joe957

joe957

Try restoring computer to last good operation before you cleaned the registry.

5. Nat898

Nat898 Thread Starter

Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice