1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dialogue too low and sound effects too loud on Blu Ray problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Brokenjunk, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brokenjunk

Brokenjunk Thread Starter

Got a new Blu Ray player and I'm having that problem again. I might get into some further details later.

This time, it might not be fixable though, depending on how they built the newer machine. It really gets to me how newer machines are always creating new issues that I never even thought of when I was using the older versions.

Anyhow, does anyone have any idea how to fix this sort of thing???

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What type of player or "newer machine" are you referring to? What hardware is involved? How is it connected?

Most DVD and Blu-Ray movies have surround audio tracks. For proper reproduction of the audio, the player should be outputting a true digital signal, to a hardware decoder (ie: AVR - Audio Video Receiver) to a surround sound speaker system. If you don't have a true surround sound setup, then somewhere in the chain, the multi-channel audio gets mixed to a stereo track...which can cause odd audio issues like you have noted. Or most discs already contain a stereo track, so you could simply use that track.

3. Johnny2K

Johnny2K

Look in the sound settings for DRC, dynamic range control. It may help as it's supposed to compress the audio making the louder sounds softer.

4. Brokenjunk

Brokenjunk Thread Starter

Allright, thanks guys. I'll check out those options to see if I get it to work. If there's something else that starts happening, I'll let you know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice