1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dialup Dichotomy!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jfbaily, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfbaily

jfbaily Thread Starter

HI

Iam have one computer set up and conected to the internet (isp Tiscali), it dilas the number fine and verything works. But i have tried to get other computers that i have to use the same account, and the tiscali setup allows for this by having a setup folder for existing accountholders. the number is the same (or so it seems) yet when the dialer dials the number the number isn't recognised (by the phone provider). I used the phone dialler to see if the number inputed is the same as the number dialled, and in the dialling dialogue box after the dialer has failed to connect it shows the number diallied with the letter "T" in front of it, is this the problem or does it sound like there is something else the matter. (by the way i also dialled the number from my telephone and it worked fine, the number was recognised and i got the sound of information comming down the line. To me it seems there is something up with the way the machine is dialling (already set to tone dialling, sso this is ok) or the number it is dialling! what can i do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/277148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice