Dictate in Word stops after 10 minutes

jjordana

Hi,

I am using Dictate in Word within Office 365 and the issue I have encountered is that automatically after 10 minutes Dictate stops and I need to click once again on Dictate to continue recording the words being said.

Do you know were the issue is? Is there any setting for it that I could extend it to a 30 minutes or so? I can't find any place where to configure the settings ....

Thanks.

Regards.

jjordana

There is another thread with this same issue (not solved btw) but their issue was it was stopping within a few seconds.

This thread may provide some information:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-after-a/5cab1e8d-4b43-44ad-9589-c153458c3800
Hi James,

Thanks for your message. However the issue is not the same:
- The issue you refer, the dictate stops due to inactivity.
- My issue, the dictate stops after 10 minutes automatically (even if there is activity).

I hope someone can provide some light to my problem ....

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have looked into this further and just like any Bethesda game... the issue "is not a bug, it is a feature"...

It seems that there is a set time limit for the dictation that cannot be changed, but your issue is certainly a weird one. Then again, the dictation option is free...

If this is something that you are using fairly regularly, then perhaps purchasing Dragon Naturally Speaking would alleviate your issue?

jjordana

I have looked into this further and just like any Bethesda game... the issue "is not a bug, it is a feature"...

It seems that there is a set time limit for the dictation that cannot be changed, but your issue is certainly a weird one. Then again, the dictation option is free...

If this is something that you are using fairly regularly, then perhaps purchasing Dragon Naturally Speaking would alleviate your issue?
Hi James,

Many thanks for your response. Yes, a bit weird. :)

I will consider the purchasing of Dragon software. Are you aware if it is as Dictate which I need to be online (Dictate does not work if I am not connected to the Internet)?

Joan.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi James,

Many thanks for your response. Yes, a bit weird. :)

I will consider the purchasing of Dragon software. Are you aware if it is as Dictate which I need to be online (Dictate does not work if I am not connected to the Internet)?

Joan.
From what I can tell, and I didn't know this, is that Dictate is part of the Office 365 subscription so you will need to have internet access (which these days most computers do) but that is a weird requirement...

Dragon does not require internet access that I know of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online