1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dictionary App 'LookUp' Popup Shows Blank

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Cinn, May 5, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Cinn

Cinn Thread Starter

Hi,

The other day I had jumped from 15gb to less than 7gb overnight, although I haven't downloaded anything. This was the start of my troubles because I tampered in the Caches folder for my home directory and believe I screwed up, somewhere.

I was able to use the Dictionary app via double click a word and right-click 'Lookup' just fine, but now it shows an empty lookup popup box. I believe there could be a corrupted file somewhere because Spotlight has been acting weird as well.

I've checked everywhere online for any possible answers and couldn't find a solution. I was hoping someone would be able to walk me through a step-by-step in fixing this.

MacOS - Yosemite 10.10.5

Thanks in advance!

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Is it a Apple Dictionary app? Did you get it from the app store?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice