Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did blu ray regions change?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  texasbullet 
#1 ·
I keep seeing on Amazon where alot of the blu rays on Amazon have this message:
“Playback Region :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Learn more about Blu-ray region specifications”
Now unlike DVDs, Blu rays share regions with Mexico A/1. (I REALLY hope it’s STILL that way…😩)
So why am i seeing this on Blu Ray pages on Amazon?? PLEEEZE tell me the blu ray Regions didnt change! I have alot of blu rays that i collected over the years when i was in Mexico and im really hoping they still work when i buy a brand new American blu ray when i return…
(BTW this is the US Amazon i was seeing this on)

#2 ·
Blu-ray regions did not change. It appears that Amazon allows sellers to sell Non Region A Blu-ray discs to customers in the USA as long as the product descriptions states that the disc will NOT play on a player sold in the Region A market. Any Blu-ray disc you have that played on your previous USA or Mexican market player will play on a new USA market player.

Looking at the reviews for this Deadpool Blu-ray set it looks like some customers in the USA ignored the text in the gold box with the exclamation point on a gold triangle. Or, maybe Amazon just started requiring the notice and the reviews are from before that time.

https://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-Double-Pack-Blu-ray/dp/B07FST5QFL

#3 ·
Almost every blu ray i see on Amaxon has this message. Im afraid to buy a blu ray from Amazon now…(i originally dont want to buy anymore until we return but we can not get ANY American English speaking stations where we live on ANY of the Mexican cable services. We used to be able too 2 or 3 years ago, but where i live in Cozumel they stopped that… so now for my mom she has nowhere to watch Foxnews, except Foxnews.com. They did have those little wifi boxes where you can stream live US television but they lose connection so often, its not worth it.. ☹ We just need to move back to the US… but now my mom is to the point where she dont want to😪)

#4 · (Edited)
Region Codes for Blu-ray Discs

Blu-ray Disc media have region codes written in letters to indicate a particular zone or region where you can play the discs.

Region A: North America, Central America, South America, U.S. Territories, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia
Region B: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.
Region C: Pakistan, India, China, Russia, Central and South Asia
Region ABC : Classified as region-free as it applies to countries listed in Regions A, B, and C.

Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs are region-free and can play on devices that supports Ultra HD Blu-ray, regardless of the region where they were purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.