1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Did I void my warrantee?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by landon1600, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. landon1600

landon1600 Thread Starter

I need to return my computer the HP to have it serviced, but im affraid since I took the side off and installed a TV card inside the computer, that my warrantee may be void now.

Does anyone know if that would be somthing that could make it void?

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

I never trusted a compuer that I did not build. Why on earth do you want them to service it? You have enough brains to install things, tell me what your problem is and I'll walk you through it. I would not like some tech pooking
    around in one of my computers and switching my parts, do it yourself and not worry about the warrenty.

3. bobol

bobol

That's what I understand with my warranty too regarding removing the side cover-and it was mentioned off-handedly [ :eek: ] !
    I'd say you should check with the company directly to get first hand info on that in detail.....
    I can see why you want the info- may be a warranty like mine that'll auto have the company give you a brand new comp. if current one goes belly up if I didn't void the deal and I wasn't the cause of the mishap.

4. landon1600

landon1600 Thread Starter

I posted this on another thread here, This is my problem: My computer seems to have a problem. Last night it locked up on me, so I turned the thing off. Then when I tryed to turn it on again, it started acting weird.

At first the computer itself would come on, and the fans and stuff where started, but the Keyboard, Mouse and monitor where as if they where not communicating with the computer (Not lit up).

After turning the computer on and off a number of time, finally I get the mouse to stay on, and the keyboard lights flash for a few seconds but go back out.

I tryed unplugging everything, and I'v also tryed wiggling the wires in back to see if there was a short in the plug ins for the Keyboard, mouse and monitor. IT still dont work.

Also, the "On" light on the computer that is suppose to be Green, is orange. and the button you push to turn the computer on is suppose to turn blue when you press it, but it just flashes on for a few seconds and then goes off, and stays off.

I didnt really modify any system files or anything. However, over the past 6 months it has been restarting itself when it gets even the slightest bit warm (75 F). If you pop a window open and leave it sit for 15 minutes, the thing would stay on just fine.

Here recently before it goes off its been giving me a blue warning screen saying the computer has encountered a problem and that I should check my memory and or video adapters. And then it dumps the memory and goes off.

Any advice?

------------------------------------------
    "Why on earth do you want them to service it?"
    Because I have no clue whats wronge and I cant afford to pay a local shop to fix it. And I certainly cant afford a new peice of hardware, which could run $100 or more (If thats the problem).

Unless its a problem that can be fixed for free (Doing it myself), I dont see being able to turn down having it fixed for free right now. (since I'm not floating in cash right now)

Thanks for any advice....

P>S) Maybee I should take the card I installed out and pretend I never opened the case? I cant remember if there was a sticker on it or not holding the case from being opened.... Sure hope not :-(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice