1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Did Not Activate Norton AV Within 2 Week Limit

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gwrfargo, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwrfargo

gwrfargo Thread Starter

It was a stupid mistake but I didn't activate my Norton Anti-viris within two weeks of installing it. It will not now accept the activation code because of the two week limit rule. This was not a renew but a new install.

Has anyone had any experience with this or any ideas how I can get this software activated?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

Gary

2. lemondrop

lemondrop

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the software?

3. TOGG

TOGG

Not a lot of help in the Symantec KB;http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...568c4007f9e39&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

If you have a boxed product, there may be information on the packaging or the CD itself, to persuade Symantec that you have a genuine copy and to provide you with a new code. Contact their Support and explain your problem (and be ready for questions as to how you missed the activation prompt at each bootup- on 24/7 perhaps?).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!