Did Sp2 destroy my laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
RAM-PAGE said:
Unless you have sufficient RAM of course. ;)
No. It's not an issue of ram. It's an issue related to processor speed, hard drive speed, transfer rates, all the rest of that good stuff.
The KEY though, is that all of these apps do NOT need to be running in the background in the first place.

Installing more ram, to allow unnecessary applications to run is a waste of time. The next step after this would be, that all of these background apps start to consume so much cpu/disk bandwidth that you need to upgrade your disk subsystem or processor.
Needless waste of money!

Worried19

What you all say certainly makes sense. I cannot say that she said that sp2 and NAV2005 never worked, but she did say that there were problems installing one if the other was already installed. But if it always happened, surely everyone would know by now, I would think. So the answer must be more complicated. I guess the simpler answer worked for me for a while.

RAM-PAGE

Banned
WhitPhil said:
No. It's not an issue of ram. It's an issue related to processor speed, hard drive speed, transfer rates, all the rest of that good stuff.
The KEY though, is that all of these apps do NOT need to be running in the background in the first place.

Installing more ram, to allow unnecessary applications to run is a waste of time. The next step after this would be, that all of these background apps start to consume so much cpu/disk bandwidth that you need to upgrade your disk subsystem or processor.
Needless waste of money!
That is why I use AVG. ;)

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Why? Because NAV runs fine and really doesn't have any affect on performance?
\
(indicating that you run AVG, in response to my post is a non sequitur)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online