1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Did work, now it doesn't...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Malcizzle, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcizzle

Malcizzle Thread Starter

Ok, you people are probably sick of hearing about my problems, so many thanks to anyone who responds to this.

Last night I went to a LAN party but forgot my Wifi adapter, so I disabled the connection and used a regular LAN cable. I also switched workgroups and such.

So when I got home today, I went to set it back up and it worked for the most part, except it seemed to be going too slow and was connected as "WLAN Connection 2" instead of just "WLAN". (I'll just call this settings #1)

So I did a system restore to go back to my settings before the party (settings #2) and it said that the adapter was new hardware, so I installed it and it was still had settings #1, so I disconnected from the WLAN and tried to reconnect but it wouldn't let me.

2 or 3 system restores later, and I can't even get the network to show up any more, and if I do I can't connect to it. I'm thinking I may have installed the adapter drivers too many times or something. It is an XTERASYS 802.11g adapter and I am running WinXP Pro on the computer. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice