1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Difference between ACPI and ACPI Uniprocessor

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kcsd, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcsd

kcsd Thread Starter

I've been troubleshooting random errors (most of which were resolved when I corrected the jumper settings for the CPU), mostly freezing during bootup or problems with the ATA RAID driver. My original set of problems can be found here: http://forums.techguy.org/t247393&highlight=acpi+uniprocessor.html

The computer still freezes one out of every 4 bootups while the Windows splash screen is showing, and I have gotten the occasional blue screen ("Driver IRQ not less or equal" the only recurring one). A friend of a friend is certain that the problem is the HAL driver, and I'm curious about what the difference between the drivers is.

My AMD XP 2500 Soyo board (single processor board) under Win2K SP4 is using an ACPI Uniprocessor setup... he says it should just read "Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI) PC"... is there a difference? Is it possible that I should switch to the second one to change any issues my computer might be having?

If not, what should I be looking for that might be causing the freezing on bootup?

2. kcsd

kcsd Thread Starter

anybody have an answer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/253485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice