1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by apoorvasheth, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth Thread Starter

Hi!

My name is Apoorva. I am from India.

Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop.

What could be a major difference?
    Also, for Onboard graphics, it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto 384MB shared.

So, say for instance, if I go for an external graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is 256MB or 128MB and as Onboard graphic card already provides 384 MB shared memory, therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing 256 MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes 384 MB shared?

Also, how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance, mobility & stability?
    The Laptop which I am looking for falls under 6700 series and is a business series laptop.

Waiting eagerly for a reply...
    Apoorva.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice