1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Difference between Slideshow and Timeline?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by fei888, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

Hi All,

Picasa 2 has two features, among many other, a Timeline and a Slideshow. Could someone tell me what exactly is Timeline?

Many thanks for all your help.

2. dimmie

dimmie

i have plextor converter /w software, but i'm pretty sure it;s the same idea .. the slide show is a graph of each step in the process , that shows the next step in your video (ie)
    frame 1 + frame 2 + frame 3+ frame 4 + etc etc........
    the time line shows a more "detailed' graph, showing the exact time a fade happens, where in the frame music will start/ end , where the disolve to the next frame happens ....etc etc its a lot more involved
    hope that helps

3. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

Thank you dimmie, that really helps.
    Now a follow up question please. I can run Timeline now problem, but when I try to run Slide Show I always get an error message: "Fatal error: Picasa cannot continue." Then it kicks me out of the program. Why does that happen since the two features are so similar?

Thanks again.

4. dimmie

dimmie

give me the stats on your computer, operating system, ram etc etc
    ususally its he other way around since the time line is more detailed i have problems, with my computer slowing down in timeline mode rather then in slideshow, let me know about your system and i'll try and research it

5. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

windows 2000, 128 ram. direct x 9.0

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks,

6. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

Also, my cpu is AMD 400 mhz. A bit slow, but should be fine, as I heard Picas 2 even run well on Win 98 computers.

7. dimmie

dimmie

you might need more ram !! can you upgrade to 256 ?? 512?? i know, i need all the ram my system can muster up .... i have 512 mgs ram , and after 1/2 hour or so of constant feed from my converter i have to save what i have and re boot , if i don't i get missed frames , hesistation , broken sceenes, lost audio ... etc. it really affects my system , and my final product looks like **** .... remember down loading video from analog or a digital camera , until converted on you hard drive , takes up a l o t, of hard drive space and ram ...............how old is you're system? are you able to upgrade ? do you have room on your mother board ? to upgrade ............it looks as though you might have "limitations"

8. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

Picasa runs fine on my Win 98 machine... 450Mhz, 384MB RAM

9. dimmie

dimmie

looks like you might be ok with some more ram can you expand ??? that might solve the dragging

10. fei888

fei888 Thread Starter

Mine is a Compaq notebook, so I really couldn't upgrade. But I just looked it up, my system supports max. 192 RAM, currently I have 128 RAM, so I can certainly buy another 64 RAM. Will post again and let you know what happens.

Thanks again for all your help. I love Picasa and really hope it would work for me.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice