1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Difference in Memory size report

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by omuyelijah, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. omuyelijah

omuyelijah Thread Starter

Hi all,

I got to notice that some digital devices (particularly MPx players; 3<x<10), have this issue. Accessing the memory size from the device gives a different result from doing the same task from a system when the device is connected to it.

Could it be the firmware? Or what can be responsible? And what can be done?

Help wanted. Thanks in advance!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What memory size? Your system has the same memory under all circumstances and it never changes. Sometimes the video memory is included in a number and sometimes not.

3. omuyelijah

Hi Elvandil,

Thanks 4 ur contribution.

I'm not referring to the system memory (cos I want 2 believe u r referring to the hard disk memory or some other related system memory). There is this 'MP10' device I've got. Its the memory of this device I speak of. Checking the memory within the device when powered on reads 8Gb as the label on the device reads 8Gb but connecting to a PC, Windows read only 1Gb (even in Control Panel > Computer Management) so I can only access that.

4. omuyelijah

Hi Elvandil,

Thanks 4 ur contribution.

I'm not referring to the system memory (cos I want 2 believe u r referring to the hard disk memory or some other related system memory). There is this 'MP10' device I've got. Its the memory of this device I speak of. Checking the memory within the device when powered on reads 8Gb as the label on the device reads 8Gb but connecting to a PC, Windows read only 1Gb (even in Control Panel > Computer Management) so I can only access that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/844296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice