1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cowboy622, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowboy622

Cowboy622 Thread Starter

I'm planning on buying a Dell inspiron laptop. I am wondering what the difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors. Is it worth more money for the Duo when all I'll use the laptop for is Office applications and internet browsing?

2. Seth13

Seth13

If you're using it mostly for applications and multitasking, then yes, the core duo would be a better choice. I would say shell out the extra money.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

For what you are sdaying probably no on the surface, although one thing that makes sense is that core duo processors have the heat problem solved that Intel has had for years and in a notebook, heat is the most important problem to control usually. I also think that dual core makes more sense for the future and in a notebook, cache and multi tasking ability is really way more important than in a desktop so I would definitely go for the dual core.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/494480

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice