1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Different kind of beeping since I installed new GPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Christine83, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christine83

Christine83 Thread Starter

The beeping does not sound like the normal chirp kind of beep you get with a computer issue. This beep sounds almost like a car alarm or horn. The graphics card is not new but new to the system. It is also new as in not being used but it is Geforce 9800 GT brought out years ago. My computer is pretty good and it does need a new Power Supply which I cannot get until a couple more weeks. I am able to fully use my computer with it installed. And play full games etc. and pretty high graphics with no interruption. The beeping did not start right away. It started maybe 5 hours later after installing the card.

I have tried everything I could find online. Even reseating the CPU. Taking out all the memory. Trying to go into BIOS. The beeps can be from anywhere between 2 beeps at a time to 13 beeps at a time. 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 13 but they do not go in the order. Any help??

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb, exact pw supply, exact ram, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact mfg and model#

Have you checked your temps and voltages? If not, do so. Post the following; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

crjdriver:

This is from Christine83's December 14th thread:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Christine83:

Can you provide the webpage link to that Walmart-purchased desktop?

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164350