1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Different motherboard dimensions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stepheno, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

I'm upgrading my pc - mobo, cpu, case. One mobo I'm interested in is 30.5cm x 24.4cm and the other is 30.5cm x 19cm. What difference, if any, is there between the two sizes, particularly relative to a full tower case.

Thanks in anticipation.

stepheno

2. n2gun

n2gun

As long as it is a true atx case and the boards are atx, you should have no problem. If you are using a case from a previous motherboard and a company is such as Gateway or Compaq you may run into a problem as some of their cases though said to be true atx are not really in that the standoffs for the mothrboard may not line up with a true atx board.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

One thing you might be aware of, and I ran into this problem in one case, the cpu with the fan (P4) sat too close to the power supply, and the power supply could not be moved.

4. stepheno

stepheno Thread Starter

thanx n2gun - I intend new case and mobo so will ensure compatibility.

thanx AcaCandy for the tip.

stepheno

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice