1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

different os

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by tim973, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

hi ,I have mcaffe virus program .its for win98 and win 95 , I bougth new computer which has win xp home, can I still intall mcaffe to my new pc which has win xp ?

2. Corrosive

Corrosive

In most cases, you can still get older software to run in XP by using the Application Compatibility options, but because of the nature of AV software, it's extremely unlikely that it'll work.

You have two options here. The first would be to go out and buy the latest version of McAffee AV (which will work in XP) or try a freeware alternative, such as AVG Anti-Virus from www.grisoft.com

3. tim973

tim973 Thread Starter

I will try Application Compatibility options thanks for advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice