Different Rules for Mods?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
To be honest...does it really matter? I kinda think that they've already earned the right to do that.
Just like a real job really. The bosses get the good perks.

Yea, that thumbs up was really inappropriate!! Then again that is the only way bman can communicate..;)

DoubleHelix

Banned
It seems to be a power-trip thing. They have the ability to continue to comment so they do, even when it's unnecessary.

If you had the ability to fly...would you? If you've got it, you might as well use it. So sometimes they get carried away. It doesn't really affect us. I'd rather they do 10 right things and one wrong thing, then the other way around.
I just don't really see it as a big deal. No offence. They have that power...oh well.

blues_harp28

3 cheers for the moderators..I say..as has been said they have earned the right...(y)

You think the mods get heavy in here? you should see them on IRC (Internet Relay Chat) for those not in the know.
One wrong move and your banned for as long as they wish, sometimes the megalomania from the IRC cats just whooshes out of the screen and smacks you right in the eye.
It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it. :rolleyes: lol
Wolfey

DoubleHelix

Banned
I would have thought Mike would want this forum to be a professional site.

No one enjoys being at the receiving end of an ego trip tirade. People who don't follow the rules should be reprimanded, but they don't need to be ridiculed.

If moderator's are allowed to do this, then I'd like Mike to state it. Just because someone has the technical ability to speak doesn't mean he should. Tact and ethics should apply to everyone.

DoubleHelix said:
I would have thought Mike would want this forum to be a professional site.

No one enjoys being at the receiving end of an ego trip tirade. People who don't follow the rules should be reprimanded, but they don't need to be ridiculed.

If moderator's are allowed to do this, then I'd like Mike to state it. Just because someone has the technical ability to speak doesn't mean he should. Tact and ethics should apply to everyone.
You mention professionalism. The startin of this thread isn't that professional. If you have a problem with someone, do you tell the world? I would have thought it more appropriate to go directly to the source of your gripe. You could have just asked the mods why they did it in a PM. Instead, you're trying to undermind them in a public forum?
How would like someone to deal with a problem concerning you? Would you like them to broadcast it and try and gain support to mount an attack on you? Or would you prefer that person to come and see you in private and try to work it out before it gets out of hand?
You said "No one likes to be on the end of an ego trip tirade". Well, people don't like to be on the end of public abuse either. I don't see this thread as being 'constructive criticism'. I feel you've gone about it the wrong way.

Another thing you seemed to have overlooked. This is a 'tech support forum'. Not a 'chat room'. The extra's in here are a bonus.
I'm not saying what they did is right - but I'm not saying what they did in here is wrong either. What I am saying is, if you want to deal with it - deal with it properly...not like this.

IMO, they do a great job, and we're lucky to have them here at all!

I have noticed with some mods a double standard of treatment. I don't think they are necisarily picking on one as upposed to another, but in some cases I have seen them close or edit a thread/post and leave another one open even when there has been mention of closing it. There was an example about 3 weeks ago involving myself where I found a link in a thread in apropirate and barely anything was done, but my post was edited and I got told off claiming I had breached the rules in a cat 3 offense - which I stand by that I did not.

Late,

Ok, look. You guys have mentioned the rules and feel you have been hard done by. Perhaps you have. Who knows? But, to fully understand your arguement, I read the rules again. The following is my interpretation of them:

The following rules are guidelines for using the Tech Support Guy Bulletin Board. These rules were designed merely to give users a framework in which to conform their conduct while participating on the Board.
I understand this as; we have guidelines, of which the mods uphold. Guidelines are not set in stone.

The Administration, in its discretion has final say as to the specific action to be taken, if any, for violations of rules. Further, the Administration reserves the right to close or delete any thread or post that it deems unacceptable for any reason, regardless of whether such thread or post violates a specific rule or rules.
It's up to them as to how, and why. There's no point arguing it because we were told these rules (we were supposed to read them) when we joined this forum.

Keep in mind that our goal is to provide useful technical support in a congenial atmosphere, which is the ultimate guideline we will use when evaluating any post or thread, or the conduct of any member. If you have any questions, email [email protected].
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this is a tech support forum - not a chat room. That is just an added bonus.
The rest of this quote is self explanitory. The last line, however is important. If you had no satisfaction after speaking to the mods about your problem, why didn't you use this option. He certainly made it easy enough for us.

I still don't see what they're doing as an issue. What they do works for me and quite a few others, so I'm happy with how this place is going.
LD.

blues_harp28

Well said...little den...maybe this thread could be closed!..or would that be unfair?? ;)

I agree that 99.99% of the time things are fine, but its always that one time which makes you annoyed. For managing such a large forum they do a swell job - I know what its like running forums, and the kind of hastles you get.

Late,

blues_harp28 said:
Well said...little den...maybe this thread could be closed!..or would that be unfair?? ;)
blues_harp28: :D :D

AvvY: Like i said earlier; I would rather they did 10 things right and one wrong, as opposed to the other way around. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!