1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Different Screen resolution....Different Users?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by EDD32, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDD32

EDD32 Thread Starter

hi,

under XP Pro how can i setup different screen resolution for different user.
    Eg; Guest having a resolution of 800X600 and Admin having a resolution of 1024X768 when they log.

is this possible cause' i kept trying to change the res. but it changed it for every user! (not wat i want)
    :(
    or perhaps there is some command/prg i can run at startup or something !?

help appreciated.
    :D

2. EDD32

EDD32 Thread Starter

oright i got it .... a lill prg

Its called MULTIRES and can be found at http://www.entechtaiwan.com/
    What to do is, once you have installed it, place a shortcut to the program in the \Documents and Settings\USER\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folders of each user.
    In the properties of this shortcut, add statements to the target line to choose which res, colour depth etc. that you want.
    EXAMPLE:

"D:\Program Files\MultiRes\MultiRes.exe" /1024,768,32,85
    problem solved !!!:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice