1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Different specs) So would this computer with these specs be able to run Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mr.Peebles, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr.Peebles

Mr.Peebles Thread Starter

I made a previous post about a computer I was planning to buy and whether Fallout 3 can run on those specs. But there's been a change of plans. The computer is sold out and outta stock so this is my second choice to buy Costco.

Would this computer with these specs run Fallout 3 at least above medium settings?

HP Pavilion e9280t Desktop
    Intel Core i7 Processor
    1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650
    9GB RAM
    1TB Hard drive
    Windows 7 Home Premium

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

As far as the hardware goes yes.
    I ran fallout 3 on an X800 and the 4650 far outperforms that.

I am not familiar with windows 7 yet,but you will probably
    need to run the 64 bit version to recognize all that ram.
    Don't know if that is going to present problems.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    leroys is right, looking at the hardware you shouldn't have any major problems running Fallout 3.

I would check to see if the version of WIndows 7 that comes with it it 32bit or 64bit though, again as leroys has suggested. If it is only 32bit you will be wasting a lot of the system RAM, it will likely only be able to utilise approximately 2 - 2.5Gb of the 9Gb it has installed! This is a limitation of 32 bit Operating Systems and can not be got around.

This seems to be a general marketting ploy as many, everyday users, will not be aware of the 32bit Operating Systems limitations. They just see 9Gb RAM and assume more = better.

If you can provide a link to the specific system people will be able to comment more accurately.

4. lilb

lilb

Yes, it will but as leroy and tanis said you have so much ram that you will never be able to use,:eek: i use 2gbs and have never maxed it out i would suggest you get 4gbs of ram and put the rest of your budget towards a better gpu such as a 5770 or simular, since it has dx11 support so its up to date with your opperating system.:cool:

5. lilb

lilb

Also ive looked online and the price of this computer shouldn't be over $1300 with a core i7 920 2.66ghz 8gbs of ram and 2x640gb hdds.

6. lilb

lilb

7. lilb

lilb

I would recommend this computer for gaming : http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...Ne=5000001+4000000&eCat=BC|84|56671&N=4017755 4294908836&Mo=3&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=
    Once again has to much ram but has support for multi-gpu and already has a gts 250. It has the best reviews and people have played far cry 2 at the highest with no slow-downs. its $1299 and doesn't come with a monitor. so thats a downside. its the ibuypower s915gi gaming pc, it runs with watercooling on the cpu. so its really quiet. and putting in a second gts 250 would cost about $140. so i would suggest this computer over the other one. But like i said no monitor comes with it so that is a downside so all together it would cost you around 1500 with monitor and everything. just a suggestion.

8. lilb

lilb

heres a review of the ibuypower s915i gaming pc :
    Pros: can't beat the price for this quality.
    Cons: extra sata power cables would be nice, no hd and optical drive mounting hardware

Model Number: iBuypower S915i
    "This computer has an excellent combination of devices including a very fast processor, a high end graphics card, high speed memory, and a hard disk with enormous capacity. It is truly great for gamers. Far Cry 2 and similar high detail and rapidly moving graphics games play perfectly with no hesitations or crashes.The power supply can easily handle additional drives or bridged graphic cards."
    3 of 3 people found this review helpful.

9. Mr.Peebles

Mr.Peebles Thread Starter

Thanks! :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice