1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Differing Secuity Test results

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by FredVN, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredVN

FredVN Thread Starter

I have recently added a HughesNet HN7000 satellite system to a wired ethernet network consisting of a desktop and a laptop computer both running WinXP. The Hughes System info says the Router Address is: 67.142.138.11 and the NAT IP Address is: 67.47.49.177. It also says the Firewall is Disabled (from Network operations center). I installed ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.337.000 after the satellite installation. (note: As instructed, the HughesNet modem is connected to a LAN port, not the more common WAN port on the router.)

I ran Shield Up security test and it reported 2 port stealthed, 1 closed and the rest wide OPEN. The IP address it tested was 67.47.49.177 (the same as the NAT IP address). Then tried online security test on NetZero. It tested 67.142.130.22 It showed all but a couple of ports stealthed.

Went to "WhatIsMyIPAdderss.com" and it reported the same address NetZero used. Also reported "proxy server detected" and "Proxy reports IP as unknown" The Modem does use a proxy server but the same message appears with the proxy server disabled.

Can someone please explain what is going on here and if my network is safe?

FredVN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice